Re: Pass by Reference

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Shian_Lee said...

Don't get me wrong:
Simplicity is the power of Euphoria, as well as Pass by Value! which also makes Euphoria rapid and powerful from my point of view.
Pass by Value is a pure anti-bug weapon.

It just that other programmers might think different then me.

Yep. I feel that simple is good, but too simple is bad. In other words, you can have too much of a good thing. All things in moderation, etc.

In the past, RapidEuphoria was too simple, and that held it back. OpenEuphoria has taken steps to improve the balance, but I don't think anyone could reasonably disagree that there's still room for additional improvements.

Earlier, I didn't quite agree that PBR was one of these things, seeing that it was so easily emulated. Looking at dcuny's attempts to wrap wxWidgets in an object-oriented way though, I'm starting to move towards PBR being a necessary feature for OO. (Sure, you can get away with emulated PBR, but the lack of necessary syntax sugar makes things clumsier and introduces more room for programmer error.)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu