Re: Pass by Reference

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

It does with eumem.... again that's the whole point of eumem. Why is using eumem (or your superior rewrite with its getter/setter routines) so much more of a problem compared to built-in PBR or pointers?

I don't think my rewrite is any better... I just couldn't grok how eumem was supposed to work from the docs, and have been too busy flaming away to pull up any examples. blink

jimcbrown said...

Since we already have eumem, which is "good enough", I don't see a compelling reason to work on PBR as a core language feature. But if someone provided a patch with the hard work already done, then it'd be a different story.

I truly appreciate the work that's gone into maintaining and extending Euphoria. But it's frustrating to see that some of the stupid stuff that drove me away from the language is still there. I just don't want to get sucked into that timesink again... But we'll see.

- David

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu