Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jmduro said...
Jerome said...

Good find! So on Ubuntu I did:

sudo apt-get install libtidy-0.99-0  
nm -D /usr/lib/libtidy.so | grep 'prvTidyinitFileSource' 
  -> 000000000003bc30 T prvTidyinitFileSource 
nm -D /usr/lib/libtidy.so | grep 'prvTidyfreeFileSource' 
  -> 000000000003bbf0 T prvTidyfreeFileSource 

So did I, but yet I'm stuck.

Jerome said...

Ok, thanks! I'll keep this in mind for the future! Eu4Qt builds now and the demos seem to be working!

How did you get it built? I can easily install missing QT packages with apt-get, but to compile sources I'm used to the classical .configure;make;make install sequence which is missing here.

I understand that existence of a .pro file seems to make evidence for a lot of people who know what to do with it, but I don't. What am I supposed to do to build this library with that edited .pro file on Linux?

Regards

Jean-Marc

it's in the doc somewhere and forget about Tidy, it's already included in the src dir, QTcreator might work, I have never tried to setup a project for it.

export QTDIR=/PATHTTO/Qt 
 export QMAKESPEC=linux-g++ 
 cd euqt 
 qmake -r  CONFIG+=debug 
 or 
 qmake -r  CONFIG+=release 

make 

I have only built once in linux with Qt4.7, there were a few missing includes and had to comment out a few defines nothing that complicated. possibly something had to be commented out in makspec/linux-g++

I think a few more changes for Qt4.8, I just updated to use 4,8 a few weeks ago but haven't created a new euqt archive. coincidentally, I just setup a Qemu VM and should be building euqt this week against Qt4.8 on linux.

I never set it up to be installed properly. euqt expects the shared lib to be accessible in the src dir. this should be easy enough to change.

I haven't built at with Qt5 at all and I expect there will be some breakage.

EDIT: didn't realize I replied to this thread, see above need a few minor edits in euqt/src/src.pro where gcc was assuming minGW gcc win32 can add linux: if the options have changed for a newer gcc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu