Re: Issues installing Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Not so. irv wrote a version that worked on Linux/GNU. Virtually all of the "text graphics" routines that are used on nix also work for the console version of windoze, so it should take minimal effort to get ee.ex working there as well.

I've been looking through the code again... I'm not sure about minimal. I remember working with a port and the mouse being a bit wonky.

From what I gather, there's no mouse support in the console. Is that correct?

If that's the case, navigation will require some rethinking.

said...

I quite liked ee.ex and would love to see it revived. (I'm not really an IDE person, myself...)

Have you looked at the TypeScript editor? It's an on-line editor that has all the intellisense goodness of an IDE, but without a complex interface. There are a couple of features I really like about it. Choose the Raytracer code and play around with the editor. You'll notice that there UI stays out of the way. Press F1 for the menu palette, and Ctrl+Shift+O for a Find Symbol. The F3 search is pretty clean, too.

I suspect something like that could be implemented in a "pure" text editor. Grrr... Now you've got me thinking about it.

It's not that radically different from what ed is trying to be, it's just a heck of a lot nicer. Or maybe I should just edit the Save behavior in ed.

Again... There's no mouse in the Open Euphoria console mode, correct? And there doesn't see to be any way of getting underlined text - is that also the case?

- David

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu