Re: Almost Redy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...

I just confirmed that Redy runs reasonably well on a slow Mini-ITX computer: VIA 1 GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Home. It takes 4-6 seconds to start up a program with euiw. CPU stays idle most of the time and pretty low when moving the mouse or typing. The widgets respond smoothly and redraw very quickly when hovering over them. Resizing windows is pretty slow when there are lots of widgets, but not horrible.

I am curious if anyone knows how long it takes other GUI libraries to start up on a similar computer.

Which version of euiw are you using? They're not all the same for a comparison like this. And how large is the typical program you might use for the test? I think a good baseline program to test the GUI startup time would be a plain window.

Also, IIRC you're using find() to convert "id" to id. For large numbers of controls this might (or might not) be a source of sluggishness.

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu