Re: ...so this override business

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

Testing on Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development Revision Date: 2014-01-16 02:53:44, Id: 5783:d41527402a7a

with warning 

print(1, 10 ) 
puts(1, '\n' ) 

atom print = 666 
? print 

The output is:

No need for "override" keyword, errors, or warnings.

Euphoria has been like this for a while.

_tom

I can confirm that although Euphoria allows me to behave like this - I have never allowed myself to use this option.

Maybe the fact that I used to code PLCs, leaded me to think about any single bit and method. In PLC, setting a single bit to TRUE may press hydraulic cylinder of 1000 tons, or worse then this.

Some other PLC programmers are more "brave" then me. But after seeing few accidents I don't take risks.

The only use I've made with override is with 'safe.e'. And I could live without it as well, by changing the code. I will never use it for anything else, and this kind of options makes Euphoria less safe actually.

I look at Euphoria as a programming language for the 'real life', not only for games and showoff. For real life applications, in industry for example, I don't need hidden traps. It's better to work harder, then to forget about some temporary override somewhere in the code.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu