Re: You can't compare language features, only languages

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Shian_Lee said...
system_X said...

I feel like more than just languages should be compared. What truly added to a language's success. ...

True.

I assume that most users are looking for standard GUI library; and new users are looking for an up-to-date Euphoria-IDE.

For a high level and all purpose language - GUI library and IDE is one step forward to success, these days.

I agree that's what a lot of new users are looking for. I have faith that what ryanj is working on will be of great value to help deliver a multi platform GUI library and IDE. Do you have any recommendations on the best way to interface with Linux graphics at a somewhat low level? libxcb.so no longer appears to be the way to go since everything is moving to Wayland which IMO is a good thing. EuGTK has functioned great in my testing, but it would be really nice to go lower level than that. However, would their be a performance gain to go lower than GTK?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu