Re: Almost Redy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

Can we assume that Redy is for Windows only?

I could help with documentation. Maybe some editing, formatting to Creole style (so the main docs and your docs look the same), or at least encouragement.

_tom

Right now, it only runs on Windows, because I wanted to focus on completing everything before porting it to multiple platforms. Only a small subset of win32api is needed. I wrote a wrapper library from scratch to only access functions that create and manipulate windows, receive windows events (including keyboard/mouse input), draw graphics to windows or bitmaps (using device contexts and GDI functions), and a few other things like clipboard functions, interfacing with the common open/save as dialog, and opening (executing) files through the windows shell. Absolutely no windows controls are used! In the future, I plan to add some other things like multi-monitor support, access to the system tray, etc.

After the first release, I hope some Linux experts would help with a Linux port. I am not sure what the best solution is. Directly acessing the x-windows api, or a subset of gtk, or some other library perhaps? It basically just needs to create windows and draw graphics on directly on them. No widget tool kits will be needed.

It would be helpful to get creole documentation integrated into the source. I was having a hard time getting eudoc working the last time I tried it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu