Re: You can't compare language features, only languages

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
system_X said...

I don't know how to give any useful input since the threads I've read have been off the charts.

Just start another "off the chart" thread. Seriously, thus is the charm of the Euphoria forum.

system_X said...

I suppose one could start with the goals of OE and then research successful projects with even just one shared goal and try to dissect the situation they created to be successful.

I feel like more than just languages should be compared. What truly added to a language's success.

How a language becomes successful has always been a hot topic with Euphoria.

Currently, we can probably agree that an IDE specific to Euphoria would be a "good thing." We can not quantify how the lack of an IDE harms, or having an IDE boosts the popularity of Euphoria--but it is obvious that an IDE is "a good thing."

The problem is...who is going to create the IDE?

Just start another thread, toss in some ideas, and see were it takes us.

system_X said...

Should an official board be created like Debian?

Not enough people and resources to create a bureaucracy.

system_X said...

I've never built a RH/Fedora package, but I'd be willing to do the research and build one if some users are interested.

The openSUSE build service looks like the place to start.

https://build.opensuse.org/

A Euphoria rpm would be a valuable addition.

Start a thread to discover if someone has already created an rpm and then proceed.

system_X said...

Is there a specific page on this website for me to officially declare that and have others +1 or -1 it other than the forum?

The wiki page for "Euphoria Roadmap" is from 2010. The best place to communicate is the forum.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu