Re: Not Impressed with wxEditor / wxEUD.e

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

It's not great and I'm not surprised you're not impressed. wxEditor started as of a proof-of-concept around writing my own editor and from-scratch edit control. It's incomplete. It crashes. It needs help. wxWidgets officially adopted Scintilla as wxStyledTextCtrl in version 2.9, which we need to get wrapped into wxEuphoria. Doing so would allow wxEditor to be complete and stable. I also think I could use the wxWidgets Document/View framework, but again, that needs wrapping in wxEuphoria.

wxEuphoria (wxeud.e) as a whole needs some updating. Neither Matt nor myself have had much time to provide it the attention it needs. Anyone with a little bit of C++ experience is welcome to contribute. We mainly need to get more functions and classes wrapped. The library itself can already compile against the latest stable (version 3.0.x) so that step is done. I am sure there's a few bugs that need to be fixed in there as well.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu