Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Here's an idea I just wanted to throw at the wall to see if it sticks ... my feelings won't be hurt if it gets shot down with a vengeance.

I full well realize that some of the issues with Euphoria's development is due to our intrepid developers having paying jobs, and in the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "a powerful need to eat some time this month." What about a Kickstarter project? Might be able to afford to hire some hands and eyeballs, both for development and PR. Granted, this may be a bit difficult due to Euphoria's apparent visibility problems, but you never know. Perhaps on down the road, should a Kickstarter take off, the project could have an open source backbone with a commercial "enterprise" option of some sort.

Being that I've been away a few years, I'm not sure where Robert Craig is positioned in the OpenEuphoria project; however, I'd be pretty adamant that he sign off on any commercial option, since this is his baby. Anyway, there's my idea. :)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu