Re: UTF-8 encoding vs UTF-32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
LarryMiller said...

Euphoria applications can use Unicode in applications but you must do most of the work yourself.

I already know that I wouldn't be able to do any advanced coding myself, let alone with encodings (I know almost nothing about them). I was attracted to Euphoria because it is a simple language and especially user friendly for hobby programmers like me. I certainly would not want to get involved with highly technical programming issues.

Is there any library that allows me to interpret and to convert the different encodings so I can use them in Euphoria, possibly without much hassle?

LarryMiller said...

UTF-32 would be the easiest encoding to use internally.

Sorry, my knowledge is quite limited, what do you mean by this? In what respect, exactly, would it be the easiest encoding?

LarryMiller said...

UTF-8 and UTF-32 are totally different and incompatible encodings.

What is the standard encoding that is used by Euphoria's GUIs? For instance, what encoding is used with EuGTK? Ultimately, my choice of an encoding will probably depend on this alone.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu