Re: Missing features in Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...

• Lack of reflection

I'm sure a case for this could be developed. I can't think of one right now, but it feels as if it might be a "good thing" - maybe.

I'll quote myself on that one:

ghaberek said...
jimcbrown said...
GreenEuphorian said...
  • Lack of OOP

A standard dot4 preprocessor (which gives OOP sugar syntax) is included in demos iirc. We also have OOP libraries (like Diamond).

On that note, I'd also like to point out that Euphoria's preprocessor system leaves a lot to be desired. Without a reliable means of chewing up the language and spitting it back out, every preprocessor author is left to his own devices. The barrier-of-entry on implementing new preprocessor-defined features shouldn't be so high. There's got to be a more formalized way to process the language.

I guess what I was really referring to here was reflection. It really seems that the two go hand-in-hand: implementing reflection without OOP seems unnecessary and implementing OOP without reflection seems incomplete.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu