Re: Missing features in Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

My 2c worth (and this comment is worth exactly what you're paying for it so keep that in mind ... :) )

Of the list presented the only two that I personally would like to have are the structures and the random file access additions. The others, while nice and perhaps needed by some developers, are 'fluff' IMO. Sure Euphoria could become another C# with incomprehensible syntax, 2-line long function/subroutine calls and obtuse syntactical twists depending on the time of day/day of week when the code was written ... but is that what we want and above all is it wise? Living in a Micro$oft developer world every single day at work I really enjoy going home and figuring out how to do what I need to do in Euphoria.

So, bottom line: I like Euphoria just as it is, frankly ... in fact version 4.x is going to be the ONLY programming language on the Linux box that I'm currently building. The addition of all the other 'stuff' listed won't enhance my personal experience in any way ... in fact it will make me dread doing any serious coding in Euphoria.

Again, before I get slammed, this is my personal opinion and represents my thoughts on the list given earlier ...

Have a great day!

Tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu