Re: A Linux Question

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...
cran0g said...

Hi folks,

I was thinking of trying out Euphoria on my Nexus. Never done that before. Would I be correct in thinking that there is no equivalent in the Linux-Euphoria world of win32Lib and that any programs I wrote would be limited to the "DOS"-type?

Many thanks

Hi

No, not true

See EUGTK, IUP, and wxEuphoria.

I think the biggest problem you'll have is the ARM processor compatability (if I recall correctly)

Chris

Um... yes and no. If we're talking about a Google Nexus phone or tablet, then as it stands, "yes" it is limited to command-line only until someone gets the Android NDK wrapped or integrated into an "Android edition" Euphoria. Cross-platform GUI libraries typically don't support mobile operating systems, but at least wxWidgets is trying. If you install a non-mobile OS, such as Ubuntu then "no" you probably can get something like EuGTK or wxEuphoria working but I don't think it's been attempted at all yet. wxEuphoria would have to be compiled for ARM and I don't think its prepared for that yet.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu