Re: 3.X CGI program fails after server move

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thanks for a very comprehensive and useful response. More than favourable in that it gives me something tangible to consider. I had hoped that there might be a version floating around.

One of the issues for me is lack of time. I'm fully extended at the moment, and travelling a lot. That will flavour what I can or am prepared to do.

Running through your options:

1. This is a good possibility. I wrote the CGI script (almost a decade ago), and the work of figuring out incompatibilities would not, I figure, be all that hard. I've not used namespaces.
  1. 32 bit chroot - as it's shared hosting, I don't have full root access.
  1. 3 I doubt the provider would do any work of that kind - I became disillusioned with that provide some time ago.
  1. 4 Yep, change providers. Looking forward to the day. In fact, I have a small hosting service myself, so ready access to a dedicated server. In fact, the CGI script that's broken is the pricing page. However, I can't move the main site as I'm using DNS servers there. I will consider disconnecting and redirecting just this page.
  1. 5 No disrespect to Matt, whom I remember well from when I was active in the Euphoria community, but I'm not looking to spend money on it. If I had more time I'd look at doing this option myself.

Again, thanks for your help.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu