Euphoria community articles?

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I was thinking, what if we had some sort of regular news articles (say, once or twice a month) that cover a variety of topics: new euphoria projects, updates on popular libraries, periodic summaries of what the dev team has been working on, tutorials or explanations of useful features or techniques, success stories, trends, analysis of issues that need to be addressed, etc. I think this should be a separate section on the website ("Articles") so they can be archived. Articles could be written like magazine articles and even have images sometimes (screenshots, diagrams, etc.) The News section on the home page could be updated every time an article is released, with a link to the article. Articles could be permanent, so they can be linked to from the wiki or forum without worrying about links being broken later on. Images should also have a way to be stored on the server so they can be permanently associated with articles.

I feel that this is an important step in improving community cooperation and growth, as well as marketing Euphoria and showing that it has real solutions, applications, and ongoing development that is relevant to people that are interested in computer programming.

Writing articles would require "interviewing" people (by email or IRC) or by reading and studying forum posts as well as the development mailing list. I would be willing to write articles, if someone will add that ability to the website and give me access to editing articles and uploading images. What do you think?

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu