Re: binary search with reference to append

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
gimlet said...
jimcbrown said...
gimlet said...

Just as I will be very happy when load_map() is fixed.

What makes you think that it is (still) broken? Do you have examples to demonstrate this?

Wow!

I wrote a long article about what was wrong with load_map and you fix a few warts.

Then you say this??

I made a few quick fixes to deal with all the warts I knew of. You're right that libraries shouldn't ship with broken functions.

gimlet said...

Jim,

You do not like what I have to say,

You disregard what Dijkstra, van Gasteren, Feijin, Simon Peyton Jones, Lennart Augustsson, Ralf Hinze, Paul Hudak, John Hughes, Erik Meijer, Philip Wadler

have to say because you know better??

Really?

I think Derek has a better handle on the internals of the library and he is working on a proper rewrite. I trust him to resolve any potential issues the cosmetic fixes I appled would not (e.g. any performance issues, for example). In the meantime, I applied those quick fixes to prevent the issues you reported from holding up the release.

Do you have any examples where load_map() still breaks? This is the third time I have asked you for this.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu