Re: deleted posts

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
eukat said...

So why can you delete anything that shows you in a bad light?

One of the purposes of making all post deletions publicly auditable is to prevent things like this from occuring.

The community has never set down a formal list of rules, but things like personal attacks, swearing, ad nauseam arguments, etc. can make a post eligible for deletion.

I don't think her post was that bad. It was a little bitter, but I don't see it as an outright personal attack. She was trying to bring up a point about the shortcomings of the search feature on the website and how she had a working archive search feature years ago. Yes, she said it in a bitter way, but is that really worth deleting a post and giving her another reason to feel outcast? She did have some valid points that could have been answered rather than censored.

Kat really does have good ideas, useful skills, and lots of knowledge about technical subjects. I have been chatting with her for years in IRC and she has been a great help to me working on ideas for FluidAE, (and finding mistakes on my website), and she has a lot to contribute to Euphoria.

Kat, I suggest being very careful to word your posts in a way that don't seem so emotionally charged, knowing how easily they get deleted.

Moderator, instead of just deleting kat's posts because she shows bitterness about the past, why can't we have a real discussion about the points she is trying to bring up? Sometimes, it may be better to let people go ahead and read a post and come to their own conclusion.

diplomacy
Skill in dealing with others without causing bad feelings.
graciousness
Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy. Characterized by tact and propriety.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu