Re: Regarding Euphoria Editors...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I appreciate all the responses to my post....

_tom said...

I had this problem in running mdx.ex:

* ! Db help open new quit save write tidy eui dos find replace backup keys More  
/media/oe/500B/Euphoria-Documenting/mdx/mdx-1.0/mdx.ex:1738 in function key_gets 
attempt to move cursor off the screen to line 1, column 81   

Sorry bout that - I have a fairly wide monitor and run my linux terminal with a screen width of 110. I'll probably just post a note that mdx.ex should be run in a terminal/console with a width of at least 95-100 columns. I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble to display select extra menu items according to available screen width. On the other hand, I could make all those extra functions available from a scrollable top line pick list. So many solutions, so little time. smile

_tom said...

Geany windows is an 8.7MB download. It installs easily. This is probably the closest we can come to a multi-platform editor that supports Euphoria.

Then I strongly urge the developers to ditch ed.ex/edx.ex and devote sometime into providing native support for Geany. Or at least supporting Geany by improving and maintaining Geany support files written in Euphoria like "gneui" and "EuHelp".

I think I'll start another thread about "EuHelp".

Ken Rhodes

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu