Re: Future direction and purpose of Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...
Lone_EverGreen_Ranger said...
Jerry_Story said...

The problem with Euphoria is not Euphoria itself but the fact that the installation of wxEuphoria is not automated. Do that and Euphoria will fly.

I should be able to install or update wxEuphoria, dependencies and all, with a single mouse click. Make that possible and Euphoria will fly.

You know adding wxEuphoria to the standard install of Euphoria might be a good idea, but it would also require more work. Also, making it easier to install is another good idea. Also, I know there is supposed to be memstruct for 4.1.0, something like a struct or class system would be nice for Euphoria, I know it can be simulated using sequences, but having something like a struct or class would help organize code more.

I'm not sure if a specific GUI library should be "official", because people have different preferences. But there's no reason why wxEuphoria, win32lib, euGTK, and FluidAE couldn't have their own versions of IDEs that are easy to install, learn, and use....well, other than the fact that it takes time to develop all of that. Personally, I plan to develop a cross-platform IDE and graphical debug/bind/translate tools for Euphoria in FluidAE. I would like to make a Euphoria installer utility, but the biggest problem I see is dealing with administrative privilege elevation. Registry and file system access is probably not hard to deal with.

It is true making a GUI would be diffcult, but it would help. Also, wxEuphoria, FluidAE and Win32lib and the other GUI toolkit wrappers are great. By having a struct or class structure, what I mean is, it would be nice if for instance, if Euphoria had a struct keyword, like how struct is in C. Struct Player { Health, Lives} end Struct or something like that. Yes I know 4.1.0 is supposed to have some sorta of memstruct, but I don't know, I haven't looked deeply into it yet. Also, yes having some more functions to make it easier to wrap C and C libraries would be great. Also by having some sort of struct in Euphoria, it would be much easier to wrap classes or structure functions from C and C libraries.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu