Re: PDF reader

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
EUWX said...

jimcbrown: Your approach to the problem posed by this questioner and mine are different. You like to make quick replies to problems without fully understanding the questioner's needs and the implication of your answer.

I think that accusation makes more sense when leveled against you.

Look at the original request:

gwalters said...

Sorry I was not clear. I want to read, using a euphoria program I write, a pdf file so I can strip out information needed. I can do that with a txt file but not a pdf file.

EUWX said...

He needs a month or two to write an application program that will do a to and fro conversion and extraction and editing using Euphoria and the 3rd party open source application software and that is that.

Again, that's not the original request.

EUWX said...

If you can do in in 2 minutes in Euphoria, you will be essentially claiming to be a unmatched genius

I don't claim to be an unmatched genius, but ... with the caveat that I'm using system() to call non-Euphorian 3rd party applications to do all the hard work, I claim that I can write an application that will do a to and from conversion and extraction and even allowing a human to manually perform some editing in less than 2 minutes with Euphoria. It's simple really - just call htmltopdf to convert the PDF file into an html file, open the whole html file with LibreOffice and let a human do some editing, then manually invoke LibreOffice's print-to-file functionality to convert it back to a PDF file again...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu