Re: Status of Euphoria 3.1.1?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

After working together with this project for a long time. I understand why they call them "bugs". For every cockroach you see there are five you don't. If you find a bug in 3.1.1, post it, it might still be in 4.1.

I've never found any bugs in 3.1.1, but I found plenty in 4.x when I started using it a couple of years after Eu went open source. I'm sure many, perhaps most, have been fixed by now - or maybe not!

The thing is, the more complex software is, the more bugs there are likely to be hidden away, and the longer it's going to take to flush them all out. And if the user base isn't very large (as is the case with Eu), then it's likely that some bugs (perhaps many) will not be found for a long time, if ever.

I'm learning C at the moment and in time will hopefully be able to fix any bugs in 3.1.1 and perhaps make a few changes. The source code is well documented and seems very "clean". Again, no disrespect to the devs, but 4.x is just too bloated for my taste. I know people say "if you don't like a feature then just don't use it", but it's not quite that simple.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu