Re: Overzealous forum moderation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
ArthurCrump said...

Forked from Re: forum moderation is broken

I don't think that any post should be deleted without leaving a marker. Perhaps just a line giving the reason for deletion. The moderator deleting the post should be clearly identified.

You're absolutely right. That is quite reasonable.

jaygade said...

Yes, my point was that someone was deleting too many posts. They need to stop, or someone needs to stop them from doing so. I don't know if this forum keeps logs, but I think that someone with moderator privileges is abusing his or her power.

I don't always agree with what you say, useless, but I agree with your right to say it in this forum and that it's not "spamming". You have proven yourself over and over again to be a useful contributor to this community.

I don't know who is doing it, but I see a lot of your posts deleted before I get a chance to read them and judge them on their own merits.

I was the one doing it.

Then you lied when you said you were not the one doing it.

jimcbrown said...

The quality of the post was similiar to http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/119347.wc and I was going on the standard that personal attacks and name calling on this forum should not be tolerated.

However, I've decided, as a favor to you, to revive one of the posts as-is (they are all the same), so you may have the ability to judge that post on its own merits.

Here it is: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/121510.wc

BTW, how do you know that these posts have been deleted if they are gone before you can read them?

I stand by that post, as i am sure euphoric stands by his. If you can say mine are personal, you can say his are also. But you must delete them both. Or delete his, and i won't post a response.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu