Re: Win32Lib and IDE

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Many thanks, Gentlemen, for your advice. I think maybe I have messed up because I am running this on a virtual PC and there I simply installed Euphoria4. Initially in c:\euphoria, then I renamed that euphoria4. I don't have Eu3 on the virtual PC. Looks like the installation of an ide on Eu4 needs Eu3 to exist. This probably should not be necessary.

What I think will be best is to install Euphoria 4 on my host machine in c:\euphoria4 since it does seem that the two can co-exist quite happily. I will use Derek's IDE as it will look for the Eu4 binaries. My EuVIDE - Judith's - will run on Eu3 very nicely. Derek's euide executable will be told it will run on Eu4 only, and then we will see. I'll re-download the Eu4.0.2 Windows installer, and Derek's Win32Lib and euide.exe and set the eu.cfg more-or-less as specified; then from what you are saying it should run quite happily. I will install the new Win32Lib into c:euphoria4\win32lib\include so I have two completely isolated installations. That sound sensible?

However, it might be a little while before I can do it as I'm pretty busy at work. If there are any other sillies I will post them, and in the meantime I think I will have to examine carefully what you have been saying. I'm hoping that at the end of this I can produce an install file for Win32Lib and IDE to load into a Eu4-only system which will run out of the box. So - TTFN.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu