Re: Win32Lib and IDE

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Firstly, let me say that I've got Eu3 and various Eu4 and various win32lib versions installed on my system and it all just works using the normal installation. I'm not using any tricks etc... I haven't moved files around nor renamed executables.

Anyhow, let's see if I understand what you are saying ...

• You have Eu4 installed in c:\euphoria4
  • You have Eu3 installed in c:\euphoria
  • You have (only one) Win32lib and that is installed in c:\euphoria4
  • You have the eu.cfg file residing in c:\euphoria4\bin and it contains...

c:\euphoria4\include 
c:\euphoria4\win32lib\include 

• You are running the IDE downloaded from my site (v1.0.5a).
  • The file wildcard.e resides in c:\euphoria4\include
  • The file text.e resides in c:\euphoria4\include\std

Is all the above true?

Ok, win32lib does NOT use any include files from Eu4 yet. It still assumes that the "standard" euphoria library functions are in the normal place for Eu3, that is to say, win32lib uses include wildcard.e rather than include std\text.e. So therefore, to get the error message you showed here means that win32lib is not finding wildcard.e. We know that it is using the Eu4 executable (because of the format of the error message) and that would have been using the eu.cfg file to get a list of places to scan for include files.

In you message post you say "failed because wildcard.e was not found. That lives in include\std" which is NOT what I would have expected because wildcard.e is not supposed to be in include\std. So I'm a bit confused as to what you folders contain. Have you moved things around after installing Eu4?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu