Re: Euphoria Logo Contest, will you participate?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
smudger said...

Is anyone (or any group) empowered to make a decision?

Is anyone *going* to make a decision?

If a decision is made to adopt a logo and/or mascot, is anyone likely to act on it?

How does the decision making process work? What time scale does it operate on?

I'm just trying to decide whether there is any mileage in me spending any more time working on this.

These are all good questions and here is my driving force. Bar any major fault in RC2, 4.0 final will be released Dec 22. With this release I and others are going to being doing all we can do to spread the news of the 4.0 release to the wider programming audience. I would very much like to have a polished site and downloads of 4.0. Right now the site is presentable. The PDF manual needs quite a bit of styling work and I'd love to have our Logo on the cover page. More than all of that, though, our Icon that is distributed with Euphoria is terrible. It's 32x32 only, 256 colors, highly pixelated and a logo that is poorly rendered and no longer makes sense (even if it was well done, which it is not).

For our "rebirth" into the community, I'd like to have this stuff down.

Who has the authority? Ultimately I think it's up to the development team but we always seek community input. This thread, however, has went on for a long time with a wide variety of opinions.

In the end from all sorts of logos and products I have looked at it doesn't seem to matter what the logo is (as long as it's not something offensive or obviously wrong) only that it's well done and consistent.

Let me send an email to the other devs and get their thoughts as what I just wrote is simply my thoughts alone. I'll follow up again shortly.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu