Re: Categories work for messages as well

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
jimcbrown said...

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. You can't go and edit a forum message to remove it from a Category, the way you can with a wiki page.

Forum posts can be edited by Admins and by the creator.

They can also be added during creation and by the author, who can edit his/her message. They cannot be edited by just anyone, so that is the difference between a message and a wiki page for this purpose. However, that does not take away the great utility that categorizing messages gives us.

One problem with many sites is that when you go to them you have to search the forum, then the docs, then the wiki pages. Some can search all three at the same time (we can) but being able to categorize all in one lump category is something I've not seen before. I'm pretty excited about how that will enable people to find the information they are looking for, even if they didn't know it existed! For example, CategoryTip or CategoryHowTo

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu