Re: Categories work for messages as well

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...
DanM said...

Well, no, this message is really informing people that they can use the "Category" system to "index" FORUM messages, right? Not actually about MAINTAINING the WIKI, I think, but rather about USING the Wiki to find forum messages?

It's not necessarily about finding messages via the wiki, it's about using wiki categories to group like content.

Well, I guess I got confused and thought it WAS about finding messages via the wiki, because you said,
"Although there is a search function it's sometimes hard to nail down a forum post you are looking for or one that you hope exists. Thus, with the new category system we can categorize forum posts also."

jeremy said...
DanM said...

Ok, that sounds reasonable, but since this post is about how the categorizing system works also with FORUM POSTS, I still suggest that if there were a specific LIST of all FORUM categories to reference to, then people could see existing categories to USE for FORUM posts, instead of creating many many unnecessarily different but fundamentally similar categories.

The power in categories is that it can show resources of any type. Forum categories should be the same as Wiki categories. When viewing resources in Category Tip, I don't really care if it's a forum message or a wiki, what I care about is that it's a tip to show me some cool thing with Euphoria I hadn't thought about before.

ok, that sounds reasonable to me

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu