Re: Forum Categories

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
mattlewis said...

I think the mailing list has served us pretty well, but there could certainly be benefits to extending this site to have a separate forum for the developers. It would make it easier for others to take a peek and see what's going on. We'd also get the slick integration benefits of this site that we wouldn't have with emails.

Plus, we could import all the mailing list discussions into the Dev Forum anyway and retain historical context.

AWESOME!

If the Forum were to turn into high volume, it would denigrate the usefulness of the "recent" tab a bit. I'm using the "recent" tab as a psuedo-chron message list, ignoring the other entries for news and comments and the like. Increase those other entries dramatically and it becomes difficult to use. Better than the Thread list, but still.

Suggestion: before establishing "Categories" or any other major division of the messaging capabilities, enhance the Profile to allow users a filter option on the recent tab. Then I would be able to filter out everything other than Forum posts; which would turn it into a true chronological message list.

Does the ticket system allow for contingency tickets? I would enter this request as contingent on adding categories to the Forum.

Or should I just add it as a ticket because the idea is potentially useful independently?

mike

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu