Re: EuToC Translator - Using Icon for EXE

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
jeremy said...

Hm. We should probably add the ability to specify a .rc file. With my Windows based Eu apps, I have a build file which builds euphoria, links in a rc file that sets up many different values, etc... That should take care of the icon also?

I agree that this would be something allowed, however, doesn't this require extra steps from the coder to use the resource compiler? While some people will surely want to add all sorts of stuff, the common case is probably a simple icon. It seems appropriate to automate the process for that common task.

It's been a while since I've tried to do anything like that, so I'm not sure if the above makes sense.

Yes, you are correct, however, many of those items are what makes a "standard" windows exe. For instance, the creator, version, author, company, copyright, icon, etc... Further, style issues such as enabling XP theming.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu