Re: Forum Improvement Suggestions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Mike777 said...

I would vote to defer other changes to the Forum until a fully functional search/filter is implemented. IMO that is the single most important feature not yet operational. Of course, I can see the argument that other features will affect the search programming task (such as category) and therefore to the extent they do I can see an argument for developing them first. But please keep the search function high on the list of needs.

I disagree. I wasted days of coding and computer time to make every word of every contribution in the archives wordsearchable, and my work isn't used, it's useless. I downloaded every .zip, i unpacked every one, i indexed every file, i wrote the search engine, i think 3 people have ever used it. It's ~1gigabyte, 24,233 files in 2690 folders. Search results are nearly instant.

And they are correct. Searching for "procedure kacau(" in RDS archives returns 16 results, but they are all wrong, there's no such procedure in the files listed. There's actually "procedure kacau(" in 11 files in the archives. It's the same .e file in multiple .zip files. So my search returns correct results, RDS'a archive search is 100% wrong. No one is complaining about that. Adding the forum to my search would be merely an addition. And i think it may be as useful. As in not used.

Don't bother, Jeremy.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu