1. Phix 1.0.3 uploaded

Maintenance release, nothing particularly exciting, unless a half-complete (or is that half-incomplete) GUI is your thing.

Bugfix: IupToggleInt unrecognised by p2js 
Added basic enum-style nested constants, eg constant ABCD = {A:=$, B:=$, C:=$, D:=$} is the  
        same as constant ABCD = {A:=1, B:=2, C:=3, D:=4} (15/3/23, used in xpGUI.e) 
Moved begins() out of vlookup[.e/htm] to match.e, where it should clearly always have been. 
Replaced bPrefW parameter on requires() with bQuiet, and added a simple mad-spawn prevention. 
Minor improvement to the error message for return <const> in a procedure, see readme.txt. 
Fudge: get_struct_field() does not retrieve floats/doubles correctly. bool bAsFlt=false added 
       as a temporary work-around, and I've suggested it might signal IEEE754s via a -ve size, 
       but that would of course justify a fair bit more testing than I can afford right now. 
Minor improvement to the location of a "p2js violation: sq_add() must be used here" error on 
      "sequence lines = tagset(9)+file*10", it now points at the '+' rather than next line. 
Added "with nested_globals", under which "local constant S = {A:=1}" declares S as local, but 
      A as global. There is now also a complementary "with nested_locals" for the inverse. 
Added a new get_possible_constant_names() diagnostic aid, see the docs for further details. 
Bugfix: "for l in split(text,'\n') to 4 do" triggered an attempt to subscript an atom error,  
        traced to a missing saveFunctionResultVars() in DoFor(), because the to clause meant 
        it was not doing the implicit length() that would have done exactly that. [19/6/23] 
Known Bug: under 64-bit (while a) "while p<1e10 do" works fine were p declared atom, it is 
        possible to declare it as integer, and suddenly that loop behaves as "while true do". 
        The problem is that pglobals.e declares MAXINT as #3FFF_FFFF rather than either that 
        or #3FFF_FFFF_FFFF_FFFF... However attempts to fix that led to catastrophic failure, 
        especially on 64-bit Linux, such that it would no longer self-compile, hence a proper  
        fix has been deferred to version 2.0.0 or later. See rosetta/Ormiston_triplets.exw. 
        Just in case you missed it, the compiler uses "MAXINT<1e10" to completely optimise 
        away that test to "true", which at least in one sense is perfectly correct/wanted. 
        It may be possible to selectively use a new atom T_MAXINT which is target-specific, 
        but I can't really justify expending any (more) time and effort on that right now. 
Bugfix: (partial, 23/6/23) pltype.e (which even I barely understand) now contains: 
                            --  ntyp = or_bits(ntyp,T_N) 
                                ntyp = or_bits(rootType(ntyp),T_N) 
        It was certainly an error to combine a builtin and udt type like that, at least. 
        It has triggered a knock-on error in tests/p46ltype.e under 64-bit (only??) that 
        warrants further investigation, and maybe back out a few other changes made. 
Added median() and average() builtins. Move phi into gcd.e, merged min/max/smallest docs. 
Added mpz_set_q(), mpz_next_prime(), mpfr_fmod(), mpfr_si_pow_si() to mpfr.e 
Added builtins/primesieve.e but you'd have to download the dll, and it's not documented. 
Improved fmt error messages in [s]printf(): the generic "error in format string" is now 
"unexpected end of format string", "missing ] in format string", "unknown specifier:%c", 
"comma fill not supported on %c", or "show plus not supported on %c". 
Alpha version of xpGUI: maybe ~60% complete, the most glaring omission being the layout 
management, so few things get the desired position/size/spacing as yet. The docs should 
be fairly close to the final form, I've probably spent more time on them than the code. 

Usual place: http://phix.x10.mx/download.php (1.0.2 notes: https://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/137643.wc )

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix 1.0.3 uploaded

Using the Windows installer I got an ex.err file that's 120KB large and starts with

C:\Phix\demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.ew:812 in procedure setButtonStates()
attempt to divide by 0 

and it seems that the changes to the registry it offered weren't made.

Otherwise, not done much yet, but no problems so far.

Thank you!

Robert

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix 1.0.3 uploaded

RobertS said...

Using the Windows installer I got an ex.err file that's 120KB large and starts with

C:\Phix\demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.ew:812 in procedure setButtonStates()
attempt to divide by 0 

and it seems that the changes to the registry it offered weren't made.

The line that is failing hasn't changed in 7 years and possibly longer (back when Phix was on bitbucket).

Are you on Windows 11? Maybe they've changed registry permissions (again, specifically to annoy just me).

I assume running "pw pdemo -settings" gets the same crash every time?

I wonder if there is something wrong with
demo\arwendemo\pgui\undo.reg and/or
demo\arwendemo\pgui\setup.reg
It might help if you renamed those, but admittedly that's clutching at straws a bit.

4. Re: Phix 1.0.3 uploaded

petelomax said...

Maintenance release, nothing particularly exciting, unless a half-complete (or is that half-incomplete) GUI is your thing.

Depends on which half of the screen it doesn't print on? The top half of each character on half of one line, and the left half on alternating character positions on another line?

Kat

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu