1. Can Euphoria 4.1 64-bit Create 32-bit Binaries?

I'm about to install Euphoria on a new 64-bit Windows box. If I install the 64-bit version of Euphoria, will the binaries I compile be compatible with 32-bit PCs? Or do I need to install the 32-bit version of Euphoria to remain compatible?

(I tried searching oE.org and didn't find the answer. Is it somewhere around here already?)

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Can Euphoria 4.1 64-bit Create 32-bit Binaries?

Hi

The 64 bit binaries will not be compatible with the a 32 bit machine. No work around.

32 bit binaries are compatible with 64 and 32 bit machines, but be aware that if you use a 32 bit program on a 64 bit machine, any dlls that your program requires must also be 32 bit - either in the program's folder, or in syswow64 (stands for sytem windows on windows 64)

Or wait until all computers are 64 bit.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Can Euphoria 4.1 64-bit Create 32-bit Binaries?

euphoric said...

I'm about to install Euphoria on a new 64-bit Windows box. If I install the 64-bit version of Euphoria, will the binaries I compile be compatible with 32-bit PCs? Or do I need to install the 32-bit version of Euphoria to remain compatible?

(I tried searching oE.org and didn't find the answer. Is it somewhere around here already?)

If you are compiling using the translator, then you can specify the -arch option and tell it to create 32bit binaries. (Otherwise, by default it will create 64bit ones.) Note that your MinGW compiler will need to support -m32 for this to work, otherwise, you can translate file, but will experience issues during the C build. (IIRC though MinGW will support this straight out of the box.)

Not sure if anyone has tried eubind on a 64bit system - but if it works it can probably create 64bit only. You'd need a 32bit eu to create 32bit binaries through eubind, most likely...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu