1. geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

I try out a lot of Linux distros and sometimes I find myself staying there awhile. The problem is, the only distro I have seen with Euphoria in the repos is Arch Linux..and that's just the user repository. For a couple of years now I have been using Void Linux and they of course don't have Euphoria at all..so I made a script.

features of the script:

• Make downloading and installing Euphoria easy
  • Allow users to specify a version (a simple variable for now)
  • Easy to maintain for future adjustment
  • install/remove Euphoria and clean the downloaded /tmp files
  • Minimal dependencies - curl - which can be changed by the user

That's pretty much it, I talk about it as if it's a big deal but really it's just to automate the process of installing and removing euphoria on any system I use.

In the future I want to add automatic architecture detection so all you have to do is change x86 to arm in the arch variable.

If anyone finds a use for this, it will make me happy. In either case, it's here on the internet now for people to discover.

https://gist.github.com/silvernode/2a4e993ab4ef415788400d237c977fd4

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

mollusk said...

If anyone finds a use for this, it will make me happy. In either case, it's here on the internet now for people to discover.

Lots of happiness.

Did a quick test on Mint Linux.

• had to install curl
  • (used the pastey version which just disappeared)

Install and removal worked.

You could make the instructions more complete by:

• reminding user to use root or sudo.
  • reminding user to change permissions
  • may show sample usage as: sudo ./geuphoria.sh i

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

Added a link to the script on the Linux download page. You are free to edit the Wiki and maintain the link to your script.

Reminder...anyone can edit the Wiki to make it better.

Thanks Mollusk.

_tom

4. Re: geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

_tom said...
mollusk said...

Lots of happiness.

Did a quick test on Mint Linux.

• had to install curl
  • (used the pastey version which just disappeared)

Install and removal worked.

You could make the instructions more complete by:

• reminding user to use root or sudo.
  • reminding user to change permissions
  • may show sample usage as: sudo ./geuphoria.sh i

_tom

Sorry about removing the pasty version. Once I posted to the forum I noticed the last line of the pasty was not formatted right (even though it was in my text editor). I figured github was probably better off anyway as it allows people to download an archive of the script and it ended up formatting right so win/win?

Anyway, thanks for testing it out.

5. Re: geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

_tom said...

Added a link to the script on the Linux download page. You are free to edit the Wiki and maintain the link to your script.

Thanks Mollusk.

_tom

Wow I did not expect that to happen, well thanks again. I might end up changing that link to a standalone archive but I'm not sure yet. The current link allows people to read over the code and get the archive as well so that seems pretty good.

If you happen to notice any other issues with the script or have any other questions or comments, just let me know.

6. Re: geuphoria.sh: A quick and easy bash script to get Euphoria

mollusk said...
_tom said...

Thanks Mollusk.

_tom

Wow I did not expect that to happen, well thanks again. I might end up changing that link to a standalone archive but I'm not sure yet. The current link allows people to read over the code and get the archive as well so that seems pretty good.

If you happen to notice any other issues with the script or have any other questions or comments, just let me know.

Cool, it works on my old mini-itx Debian server. I didn't pay attention to the fact that i had to changed "x64" to "x86". Oops. After i fixed the mess i made, it worked fine. Nice script!

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu