1. Disabling a grid in wxEuphoria

I looked at the whole list of controls for Grid, but could not find a way of making a Grid completely disappear once it is created. I can "clear' the values in the Grid, but I want to make it completely disappear. I was going to try and create a Child Window and put the Grid in there, and see if I can make it disappear by disabling the child window.
Please advise.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Disabling a grid in wxEuphoria

unsteady said...

I looked at the whole list of controls for Grid, but could not find a way of making a Grid completely disappear once it is created. I can "clear' the values in the Grid, but I want to make it completely disappear. I was going to try and create a Child Window and put the Grid in there, and see if I can make it disappear by disabling the child window.
Please advise.

It's documented under wxFrame, but show_window() can hide or show a control.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Disabling a grid in wxEuphoria

mattlewis said...
unsteady said...

Please advise.

It's documented under wxFrame, but show_window() can hide or show a control.

Matt

Splendid !
It works

show_window(mygrid , 0 ) -- mygrid does not show or disappears if showing 

show_window(mygrid , 1 ) -- mygrid shows if hidden.  

Matt Lewis: You saved me a lot of headache of having to create a child window, etc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu