1. Disassembling Euphoria's IL

Could someone update the documentation to reflect that this tool exists, and how to use it?

I couldn't find any .doc file in the source file that referred to it. I found it basically by searching through the files and finding opcodes.e, which led to dis.e, which finally led to dis.ex.

Also, it appears that the directories euphoria and std need to be in the source directory in order for eu.ex to execute, which isn't mentioned in source.doc.

Thanks!

- David

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Disassembling Euphoria's IL

dcuny said...

Could someone update the documentation to reflect that this tool exists, and how to use it?

I couldn't find any .doc file in the source file that referred to it. I found it basically by searching through the files and finding opcodes.e, which led to dis.e, which finally led to dis.ex.

Also, it appears that the directories euphoria and std need to be in the source directory in order for eu.ex to execute, which isn't mentioned in source.doc.

Thanks!

- David

http://openeuphoria.org/docs/dis.html#_773_eudisdisassemblingeuphoriacode

there should be an executable in bin/

the dist build fails for me at that point lately, I haven't been able to build the dis executable.

you're right though, sometimes running a tool interpreted does show extra information that the compiled tool doesn't and it needs extra path in eu,cfg to work from the source dir.

int.ex too

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Disassembling Euphoria's IL

Thanks, that helps!

Having something in the docs is helpful, because it's not always safe to assume that you're always online (or know were to look).

I can't wait until Pete's wee gets enough brains, so I can stop searching this site for various info. smile

- David

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu