1. wxEuphoria with wxWidgets 3.0

Forked from Re: EuGTK 4.7.5 available

ghaberek said...

I was working on a completely new rebuild of wxEuphoria built around 2.9.5, and then 3.0 came out, which should be mostly compatible. I've been using CodeLite to statically link the original wxWidgets libraries into my own wxEuphoria shared library/wrapper combo libraries. Unfortunately I have no time for these things lately. You're all welcome to help if you'd like.

I cloned the repo. How do you build it? There is no readme or makefile or anything I recognize. Looks like some IDE artifacts (?) are in there.

ghaberek said...

P.S. I hate thread-jacking. Sorry Irv!

Thread forking FTW!

Matt

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wxEuphoria with wxWidgets 3.0

mattlewis said...

I cloned the repo. How do you build it? There is no readme or makefile or anything I recognize. Looks like some IDE artifacts (?) are in there.

You'll see .workspace and .project files, which are for CodeLite. It's a pretty nice cross-platform IDE for C++.

The overall goals are as follows:

• Statically link each wxWidgets library into a wxEuphoria shared library (done).

Note:
    • The base library is also statically linked to all of the support libraries, like wxjpeg, etc.
    • Except for wxscintilla, which is statically linked to the stc library.
  • Link the shared libraries together as necessary (done).

• Create a EuApp class to do all the standard wxEuphoria app stuff (todo).

• Add the necessary callbacks for event handlers (todo).

• Wrap everything by class into separate files arranged by namespace (big todo here).

• Wrap a few things from wxCode like wxSQLite3 and wxJSON (todo).

I started to put together a "builder" project as well, which is basically a specialized IDE for wrapping everything.

The goals here are as follows:

• Read into the XML files generated by Doxygen from the interface directory and output a tree list of include files and their classes, members, etc.

• Selecting a class or member provides a detail of the C++ code (both "header" and "code" sections) and then an empty code box for the Euphoria linking (define_c_func/proc/var) and wrapper code.

Note:
    • These code boxes could probably be wxStyledTextCtrl boxes. I've had good luck building Mike Duffy's Scintilla Edit Control files into the wxStyledTextControl wrapper code. I'll see if I can dig out that code, but the changes to make it work are pretty minimal.
  • All of this wrapper data should probably be stored in a database (wxSQLite3) and then generate the relevant code and project files for CodeLite

• Open the generated files in CodeLite and build the libraries. CodeLite can also export standard Makefiles.

All of this should be built with MinGW (actually TDM-GCC) on Windows and GCC on Linux or Mac. I still need to obtain an Intel-based Mac for development and testing.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: wxEuphoria with wxWidgets 3.0

ghaberek said...
mattlewis said...

You'll see .workspace and .project files, which are for CodeLite. It's a pretty nice cross-platform IDE for C++.

On Kubuntu 13.10 / Codelite 2.8 it crashes when I open the workspace file. sad

Matt

4. Re: wxEuphoria with wxWidgets 3.0

mattlewis said...

Holy moly, 2.8?! That is probably from the official Ubuntu repos and is quite an old version. The latest is 5.3 but I am still running 5.2.

It looks like they're publishing things via their own private repositories now, so you'll probably need to move to that version for it to work.

-Greg

5. Re: wxEuphoria with wxWidgets 3.0

ghaberek said...
mattlewis said...

Holy moly, 2.8?! That is probably from the official Ubuntu repos and is quite an old version. The latest is 5.3 but I am still running 5.2.

It looks like they're publishing things via their own private repositories now, so you'll probably need to move to that version for it to work.

Ah, yes, I just saw it in the default repos and went from there. Adding their stuff makes it work. Wow...2.8 is 3 years old now, so I guess no one is maintaining the Debian package any more.

Matt

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu