1. An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

Hello Development team and Pete Lomax,

I tried to fix the Euphoria ver. 4 so it would work properly with Edita.

But found it beyond my limited area of expertise.

See post http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118565.wc?last_id=118573

• Note comment by Sergelli.

For this reason I found it impossible for me to program using ver. 4.

Because the way I program it takes too long.

If anybody out there has the skill and knowledge to Make Edita work properly with ver.4 could you PLEASE do it.

And post patch or whatever is needed in the archives.

Don Cole

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

Don, maybe in the meantime you can try another editor.

I use Crimson Editor, and it's been nice to me. However, I've been using special IDEs for other languages lately, and I'm really liking (and getting used to) func/proc parameter profiles, auto-completion, etc., even from included files (they don't have to be in the current source file)!

Anybody got recommendations for something like that for Euphoria? smile

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

Its probably abandonware by now; clicking the link in the archive goes instead to a poorly written ad for and by a professional writer..

It probably wouldn't be hard to fix, but you'd have to upload a copy somewhere. Or, just write a plugin for some editor that does have that functionality..

4. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

Perhaps Andreas Wagner already has the solution.

See his work:

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118601.wc?last_id=118603

The programs "demo" included in the package, has the following line:

All Editing is done with Edita (0.3.5) the best you can get for Euphoria

Hey Andreas, help us :)

5. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

CoJaBo2 said...

Its probably abandonware by now; clicking the link in the archive goes instead to a poorly written ad for and by a professional writer..

It probably wouldn't be hard to fix, but you'd have to upload a copy somewhere. Or, just write a plugin for some editor that does have that functionality..

That is simply not true. http COLON SLASH SLASH edita DOT is DASH great DOT org

6. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

sergelli said...

Perhaps Andreas Wagner already has the solution. [...] Hey Andreas, help us :)

Hallo

There is nothing i can help with, Edita is on http://edita.is-great.org/ for download.

I think it's the best Editor (or even IDE) for use with Euphoria, i really hope it will someday replace ed.ex in the (Windows) Release.

Andreas

7. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

jimcbrown said...
CoJaBo2 said...

Must be a typo then; the link in the archive is missing the dash. I've made a list of all of them in this post, theres just shy of a hundred other broken links: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118604.wc?last_id=0

8. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

CoJaBo2 said...
jimcbrown said...
CoJaBo2 said...

Must be a typo then; the link in the archive is missing the dash. I've made a list of all of them in this post, theres just shy of a hundred other broken links: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118604.wc?last_id=0

..actually, it looks like the domain might have changed at some point, since most of the links on the edita.is-great.org site land on various other spam ads...

9. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

andi49 said...

Hallo

There is nothing i can help with, Edita is on http://edita.is-great.org/ for download.

I think it's the best Editor (or even IDE) for use with Euphoria, i really hope it will someday replace ed.ex in the (Windows) Release.

Andreas

The problem is not with the "EdITA", but with the return of the file ex.err and eu4

See the previous post http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118565.wc?last_id=118573

10. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

sergelli said...

The problem is not with the "EdITA", but with the return of the file ex.err and eu4

See the previous post http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118565.wc?last_id=118573

Hallo

I use Edita 0.3.5, compiled, with some options removed from the menu, no other changes. If i got an error on runtime, the cmd window appears, i press return, then edita jumps to the error line, even if it has to load the file where the error accours. That's with Edita 0.3.5 and Eu4. That's all i can say. Maybe, you should post a special ex.err where this is not working.

Andreas

11. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

Are you sure the ex.error format has really changed? Line 1 is still in the same format; given that thats where the line number is, the jump-to-line feature ought to still work fine.

12. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

CoJaBo2 said...

Are you sure the ex.error format has really changed? Line 1 is still in the same format; given that thats where the line number is, the jump-to-line feature ought to still work fine.

The file ex.err keeps the line number where the error occurred in the same place, both in the as EU4 and Eu3

sorry.

In my case, I found the problem.

My editor is not working well with folder names with spaces, like "C:\Arquivos de Programas\etc\file.exw". So, the editor makes confusion with the location of the ex.err and picked up the wrong file and wrong line number

13. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

andi49 said...

Hallo

I use Edita 0.3.5, compiled, with some options removed from the menu, no other changes. If i got an error on runtime, the cmd window appears, i press return, then edita jumps to the error line, even if it has to load the file where the error accours. That's with Edita 0.3.5 and Eu4. That's all i can say. Maybe, you should post a special ex.err where this is not working.

Andreas

First I would like to thank everybody for responding.

Andreas is right, it does work. with ver 3.5.

I was using Edita version 3.

When I upgraded to version 3.5 it worked fine.

Also I would like to thank Jim Brown for pointing out the link error.

This should be fixed in the Archives.

Long live Edita.

Don Cole

14. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

I will have a go at making Edita work better with Eu4, when I get time.
I seem to recall Eu4 now always returns 0, but I could be wrong.
I broke my PC last month and had to get a new one (which is really fast!) so I'm still in the process of re-configuring everything.
I'm also going to set up a VM with linux, and experiment with wxLua to see what I can do with that, in the name of creating a new cross-platform Edita.

If someone could put the hyphen in the RDS Archive links, that would be great.

Pete

15. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

petelomax said...

I will have a go at making Edita work better with Eu4, when I get time.
I seem to recall Eu4 now always returns 0, but I could be wrong.
I broke my PC last month and had to get a new one (which is really fast!) so I'm still in the process of re-configuring everything.
I'm also going to set up a VM with linux, and experiment with wxLua to see what I can do with that, in the name of creating a new cross-platform Edita.

If someone could put the hyphen in the RDS Archive links, that would be great.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Edita seems to be jumping to the error with .eui files in version 3.5. Not so in version 3.

The only problem I now have is the Euphoria syntax colors don't show up in the editor with .eui files. But I can live with that.

Don Cole

16. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

DonCole said...

The only problem I now have is the Euphoria syntax colors don't show up in the editor with .eui files. But I can live with that.

That should be easy. Open <install dir, usually C:\Program Files\Edita>\syn\Euphoria.syn (in Edita) and find the FileExtensions line. Mine (line 117) says

FileExtensions e ex ew exw exwc eu exu exh pro ewx 
Add eui to that list. Just saving the file (if Edita Options/Autosave files on tab switch is not checked) should do it.

Pete

17. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

petelomax said...
DonCole said...

That should be easy. Open <install dir, usually C:\Program Files\Edita>\syn\Euphoria.syn (in Edita) and find the FileExtensions line. Mine (line 117) says

Add eui to that list. Just saving the file (if Edita Options/Autosave files on tab switch is not checked) should do it.

Pete

18. Re: An open plea to the Development team and Pete Lomax

petelomax said...
DonCole said...

Pete

Thanks Pete,

that did it.

Don Cole

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu