Re: Some Interesting OpenSource Projects

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
rzuckerm said...

@petelomax Thanks for the interesting solution, but you can do a PR for a second solution in a PrimePhix/solution_2 directory. However, I'm not sure this is faithful to the original intent since it has assembly code in it.

No.

As I understand it, all I would have to do is find the original repository, fork it to my github account, open that, download it, modify it, go back to the original and find their "create a PR document", read that and follow every detail and run all the tests they require, probably involving installing a whole bunch of other stuff, fire up github desktop, find/add my local copy, upload that, push it, then open my github account online, find the create PR button, click that, add all the details they need, and then I'm done. In contrast, you've already got at least 9/10ths of that set up. It's one file.

As well as all that, there are a couple of choices I expect you to make, in particular the power(2) or BIT8_TABLE thing. The other one is testing the 1 billion limit.

As to inline assembly, it is part of the language, and besides which, do you seriously think no other entries are doing something like that? Some are in fact pure asm. Just be open and honest about it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu