Re: Phix 1.0.2 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
petelomax said...

One last question I have for you is that Phix already has an eval(), have you tried using it? Pretty much the best I could do with things in their current state, may get something better in 2.0, may not survive, no-one seems to be using it anyway.

I thought i saw you were not making that a permanent feature, so code written for using it would stop working at the next Phix release, due to javascript or something.

[insert pic of runner tripped up on hurdles and falling face first into mud]

Kat

Just to be clear: I will NEVER rip eval() out of 1.0.2, but 2.0 is a massive undertaking with a very high probability that eval() will not initially work on day one, and I am not about to delay that by months, possibly even years, and since I cannot foretell the future, for instance I would take interop with Python over eval() any day of the week, there is a very real possibility it might never resurface. So, you should be prepared for any project that uses eval() to become glued to the 1.0.2 line, and might want to stick a copy of that in with the project to ensure you can still run it in the future. That is all I meant.

The docs for eval() clearly state it does not work under pwa/p2js, but only because it doesn't.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu