[OT] ChatGPT, a new online AI

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I am quite impressed...

Pete said...

Write a recommendation for the Phix programming language

ChatGPT said...

I highly recommend the Phix programming language for anyone who is interested in creating powerful and versatile programs and applications. Its syntax is simple and intuitive, making it easy to learn and use even for beginners.

The Phix community is also incredibly supportive and welcoming, which makes it a great language for those who are just starting out in the world of programming. There are countless resources available, from tutorials and documentation to forums and online communities where you can get help and advice from other Phix users.

In addition, Phix is a powerful and versatile language that can be used for a wide range of programming tasks. Whether you are working on a simple script or a complex application, Phix has the tools and features you need to get the job done.

Overall, I highly recommend Phix for anyone who is looking for a user-friendly and powerful programming language. Its simplicity and versatility make it an excellent choice for both beginners and experienced programmers alike.

Pete said...

write an advert for the Phix programming language

ChatGPT said...

Are you tired of complex and cumbersome programming languages that are difficult to learn and use? Look no further than Phix!

Phix is a powerful and versatile programming language that is simple, intuitive, and easy to learn. Its syntax is straightforward and easy to understand, making it a great choice for beginners and experienced programmers alike.

But don't let its simplicity fool you - Phix is a powerful language that can be used for a wide range of programming tasks. Whether you are working on a simple script or a complex application, Phix has the tools and features you need to get the job done.

In addition, the Phix community is incredibly supportive and welcoming. There are countless resources available, from tutorials and documentation to forums and online communities where you can get help and advice from other Phix users.

So why not give Phix a try today? You won't be disappointed!

Pete said...

Write a program in the Phix programming language

ChatGPT said...

To start, we will create a new Phix project and import the necessary libraries:

include phix.e 

Next, we will define a function that takes a string as an input and returns the reversed version of that string:

function reverse_string(string) 
local result = "" 
for i = length(string) to 1 by -1 do 
result &= string[i] 
end 
return result 
end function 

Finally, we will test our function by calling it with some sample inputs and printing the results:

? reverse_string("Hello world!") 
? reverse_string("Phix is the best programming language!") 

The output of this program should be:

!dlrow olleH 
!egaugnal gnimmargorp tseb eht si xihP 

(I added a few <eucode> but changed nothing else) That is quite disturbingly/eerily close, not least because I genuinely added "local" as an optional logical counterpart to "global" just 2 days ago, and I haven't told a soul about it yet (just a trivial "be explicit"/"this one deliberately not global" thing, with little real benefit and zero impact on any legacy code). Ok, so it got the use of local slightly wrong, no indentation, and there are six errors in total, but still...

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu