Re: Why do People Use Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

In answer to the original question - "why do people use Euphoria".

I'm an officially retired software developer but I have a lot of contacts who know I "do software". Making software is really "playtime" for me - the result is that I'm never short of stuff to develop and I normally use Phix as a first approach.

By that, I mean I start with Phix to get something working quickly because I find it's easier and quicker to get things running than any of the other languages I might use. (For completeness, I also use C, Pascal, Basic and (infrequently) Ada and Python)

Often, the Phix version is the only version - the ease of making a standalone EXE for delivery is very appealing.

I've made some extras for Phix because of this approach. For example, I use IUP rather than PGUI because I can also use IUP in C, Pascal and Basic and this make translation easier. A long time ago I made a COM interface in Eu 3.1 and I've updated that for Phix so I can interface with (eg) Word and Excel. (the damned thing can even speak if necessary).

I'm having a lot of fun with Phix.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu