Re: Why do People Use Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

Okay, Pete. Why do you use Phix? Is it just to maintain Phix itself? That makes sense, but do you use it for other reasons?

It is quite true that maintaining and enhancing Phix has completely taken over, and not unfair to say "If I don't use it, how can I expect anyone else to?"
Of course I use it for little things all the time, like figuring out the best deal, checking facts and figures, but typically that all gets forgotten about pretty quickly.
I realise there is an ever-diminishing market for desktop these days, and while I've made great strides towards using Phix on the web, I'm still stuck needing to extend it even more to make proper use of it.
Some things I would/really ought to do:

• A decent smart shopping list. Just the other week I bought a can of chicken in white wine sauce for £1.60, only to see it at £1.30 in the next shop and then just £1 in the next...
    It would of course need to be cloud-based, and dirt-simple to update on the go. Maybe even shared updates on a central server, just to prove that is possible.
  • A simple to-do list, again something I can easily tap into mid-walk, rather than rely on my ageing brain to remember when I get home hours later.
    Of course I or anyone else certainly don't want to be copying files to/from desktop/mobile all the time, instead it all needs to be properly cloud-based.
  • A TV guide that filters out crud I'm not interested in, and highlights things I am, with it being easy to tap on something and add a new filter.
    Yes, there is a perfectly decent dumb one on the telly itself, but scanning through 50 (freeview) channels can take quite a while, especially for the next 7 days.

Nothing too fancy, just proper handy, but alas Phix[on'tinternet] still ain't quite there yet, and I wouldn't want to carry that laptop far, even if I got a new battery for it.
Actually that third one would have no real benefit to being runnable on the web/mobile, it's just me being too lazy/distracted/and busy with other stuff.
What few games I have written (2048, sudoku, 15 puzzle, black box...) have just convinced me I shouldn't, as I just end up wasting too much time playing them.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu