Re: Why do People Use Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

As programming mainly as a hobby, I use Euphoria because it is fast and simple. I can easily write wrappers to address my needs for most cases. As I mainly deal with game development, C#, Euphoria and C/CPlusPlus are what I mainly use. I've used Python, PHP, HTML, Javascript, etc. When it comes down to game programming you can use pretty much any language, remember when it was common for games to be programmed in Assembly? However Euphoria is not without its faults. It doesn't have a built-in struct command, like say what C has. This would help grealty with coding and keeping things organized, especially in game programming.

The good news is that Eu 4.2 is about to address the struct issue and some other issues with Euphoria. I think that once 4.2 is released, Euphoria will have a lot of things that will really help it grow, I think. It would be a dream if I could make a living write code in Euphoria!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu