Re: Phix 1.0.0 uploaded!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
GreenEuphorian said...
petelomax said...

This release is all about pwa/p2js, which transpiles Phix code so it can run in a web browser.

Could it also be made to run outside a web browser, for example with node.js?

Maybe, tbh I know little of node.js but I gather it would be a reasonable alternative for a PHP/SQL backend,
which is the one thing on my to-do list with which I will need the most help. It would make sense to add an
asynchronous i/o api to desktop/Phix as a foundation stone, I guess. The bottom line is "not without help".

The future path of pwa/p2js is going to be driven by what people try and use it for, probably combined with
finding simple practical examples of the sort of code it needs to spit out, and/or mimic on desktop/Phix.
In my mind there is no point whatsoever getting pwa/p2js to emit code that runs on (eg) node.js without
also being able to run that same input code natively on desktop/Phix, or at least mock things well.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu