Re: Taking the red pill...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

See https://www.codeproject.com/script/Articles/MemberArticles.aspx?amid=11540398 for a collection of possibly relevant articles recently posted on codeproject for IoT/arduino/raspberry pi.

Thanks, Pete. Suggested the raspi on the lan for it's ready internet access and built in io ports, as well as (iirc) someone wrote a lib for OE on the raspi to bitbang a set of pins as a 8bit gpio port. I keep being told it isn't feasable. It is prolly the priciest option, but it's also a standalone computer.

I keep saying "sensors" and "motor controllers", i guess i should be saying "IoT".

There's so many events that occur, if allowed to complete will cause various damages, such as a small grass fire. Or make for enjoyable bird watching or steam engine monitoring or solar panel state or running an array of model trains. Or remind me at 10pm that breakfast cooked at 8am is still in the microwave. Making OE/Phix IoT-friendly, to munge data and control the lil things in the real world, might be the Next Big Thing. Dismissing the idea might just be another nail in OE's coffin.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu