Re: [OT] masks 'n stuff

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi Pete when reading a scientific journal, always jump to the conclusion first, before reading the rest and selecting details that match your beliefs. The first paper concludes that wearing a mask is beneficial in reducing the particle emission, so one should continue to wear masks.

Masks will not halt the transmission of Covid-19, this has been demonstrated by the full protection outfits worn by health workers (especially in the early stages of the pandemic), yet still catching the disease, whether from the treating of patients, or outside.

However, the advice to wear masks was, I believe, a political knee jerk reaction, but what else could we do, or politicians be seen to be doing. Perhaps this.

https://www.thenational.scot/video/202592/

Practically, keep your distance, don't touch, minimise contact time, and put alcohol on your hands (open to interpretation as you like).

I'm not preaching by the way. I am one of the lucky ones to have had Covid-19 asymptomatically despite wearing a mask and an utterly ridiculous plastic pinafore all the time while at work. But I have seen the effects of the disease on close associates and their families. So if wearing a mask might help, wear one.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu