Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
achury said...

For your information

I have noted that FreeDOS install Live-CD 1.3 RC3. Includes Eu3.1 for DOS. Not on the default install, but is an option on the install process. Not sure if can run Eu interpreter directly from liveCD

May someone want to play with virtual FreeDOS machines...

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.3/previews/1.3-rc3/

Also would be great if some of you test and send reports to FreeDOS community.

It's been included as a FreeDOS package for while now, hasn't it? It's good to see it's still there.

I recently stumbled onto a few conversations from Jim Hall suggesting to remove several packages, one of which included Euphoria:

Do you know if it's still slated for removal at some point? Or are you working to keep it included in the Live CD? I noticed several messages from you to the FreeDOS mailing lists dating back to 2008-2012.

There's been a lot more interest in DOS over the past few years, especially for game programming. I wonder if we should work on revisiting DOS support for Euphoria 4.2 or later.

-Greg

That's pretty neat Euphoria 3.1 is included in the FreeDOS distribution. Having DOS support with graphics functions like in Eu 3 would be a great idea for Eu 4.2 in my opinion.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu