Re: Play WAV file in Win10 with Eu 3

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AndyDrummond said...

Going back to the old Euphoria 3, which I love, I need to play a WAV file. I'm using Windows10 64bit. But the playSound() routine does nothing. Even playSound("bell.wav") does nothing; every call just gives a ding. I have tried on two machines and various locations of wav files with no joy. And I can't find any basic program which can just play a wav and terminate.
Does anyone have any ideas? I have a simple voice recorder I have designed with GPS, and just want to play the verbal notes back from my Euphoric program as well as show the location on a map. The hard bit done, the easy bit stumps me!

Just to be clear, we're talking about the Win32Lib playSound() routine, right? This isn't something built into Euphoria? There was only sound() for DOS.

Windows 10 doesn't seem to contain a "bell.wav" file, at least I couldn't find it searching my system and I don't see it in C:\Windows\Media. Maybe try "ding.wav" instead?

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu